Gloucester Exchange

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've got Stroud vs. Bristol Saracens on Saturday. Anyone done them or got any useful knowledge?

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I've got Stroud vs. Bristol Saracens on Saturday. Anyone done them or got any useful knowledge?

Ouch, Prior planning and a firm but fair hand will be needed

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Make sure you get good instructions for finding the ground. The access is via the unprepossessing-looking cart track (not marked as a road) on Dudbridge Hill just short of the Bath Road traffic lights.

I saw Stroud a year ago, against another local team. Both were rather better on attack than defence, which made for a somewhat loose game. There was no real foul play, but a minor scuffle and a couple of YCs for repeated offences.

I haven't seen Bristol Saracens. There may be a bit of Bristol/Gloucester rivalry, but it should not be too testing. Enjoy.

Accylad

Referees in England
Post Likes
Stroud are under performing at the moment having come down from l7 last year and are in a rebuilding phase. Quite a lot of youngsters but a nice club and team to visit (drink and mars bar on refs room usually). Ground has "stands" on both sides and it has a big club feel which I think you will enjoy.

OB is right to say there may be some Briz/glouc rivalry so be vigilant in the early stages. Have fun and let's hope the motorways are kind to us both.