Google Chrome

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
When using google chrome the bar at the top starting 'Home' 'User CP' ... changes and no longer shows the same options (see pics below).

Anyone know why the change and how to get the 'quick links' back as I like the link to view 'Today's posts'?

Attachments

• Firefox.jpg
    Firefox.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Chrome.jpg
    Chrome.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
I can't see the difference between Chrome & IE8 on my PC - don't use Firefox. However, I don't have vBookie, I have Calendar there. Try asking the admin!

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Admins, any ideas?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I see "Mark forums read" and "Open buddy list" when using Chrome, but these are under "Quick links" in IE8 and Firefox.

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I see "Mark forums read" and "Open buddy list" when using Chrome, but these are under "Quick links" in IE8 and Firefox.

Yes this is the change I mean. Anyone know why, and if so how to get the "Quick links" bar in chrome?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The easiest way to get them back is to dump GoogleChrome...its a right-royal PITA

Having just recently been involved in writing Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for users of an internet forum host, I can tell you that there are only THREE worthwhile Windows browsers the net, and they are Firefox, Safari and Opera. The rest, including IE8 and Chrome, are rubbish.

I can have a new web page style/theme up and running in 15 minutes for Firefox, Opera and Safari, and then it takes me hours, sometimes days, of tinkering with lines of code to get them to display properly on Chrome and IE, and I often have to use different lines of code for IE7 and IE8 because Microsoft, being the "Law unto themselves" that they are, have decided to change some protocols (for example, opacity and transparency) in IE8 that worked fine in IE7.

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I was using Firefox, but then the Google toolbar was acting up and I decided to try Chrome.