Google Glass

Wolrabs

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Hi,

Just had a thought...how cool would it be to wear a safe version of Google Glass and be able to act as your own TMO?

Alright, you would have to be looking at an incident for it to be recorded, but being able to replay touchdowns or forward passes or being able to have video evidence to review for the after match report?

It might even cut down on the number of incidents if the players come to realise that they might be caught on camera.

The Bundesliga and other sports have been considering them.

Regards.

Sean

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
expensive when it falls off your nose, and some player treads on it...

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
It would be of real practical value if you had a punch-up. You could record who got involved and how by reviewing it later.

I do not think it would be useful for forward passes. You don't want to keep stopping to check, and anyway a 2D representation is often misleading.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Having the ability to quickly rv a critical close decision would indeed be great, but the great advantage of real TMO work is the multiple angles and slow mo.

As for videoing the punch up, you'd still have to actively rv the event immediately to RC the correct player

The hands free/verbal control is usefull benefit, as might be a 'ref/score/app' etc..(no more IKEA pencils) if you could rely on signals or buffering etc, I like your thinking though Wolrabs

Wolrabs

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
The hands free/verbal control is usefull benefit, as might be a 'ref/score/app' etc..(no more IKEA pencils) if you could rely on signals or buffering etc, I like your thinking though Wolrabs

I know we are supposed to know all the laws and sanctions, but it would also be nice if you when you call ruck, lineout etc and it starts to list sanctions for a particular event. It would also be cool if you when you look at a player , you get all their previous and their name.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
A penalty count against player & team would be great. So when you PK Black #7 again for going off feet at the breakdown, you see it is Blacks 3rd PK at the breakdown, and the individual players 3rd PK, so you can Yellow card....

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
All well and good until a player runs up behind you and yells "OK Google, Safesearch Off, Jenna Jameson".