Got Old Kit? Help for a Fallen Player

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
A few years ago a player in Indiana was paralyzed in a match making a routine tackle. His club has done a great job supporting him and holds an annual fundraiser on his behalf. They try to get various items to auction. Stoo48 brought me a Warwickshire jersey that will be sold this year. If you have an old jersey, cool momento or something to donate from your club or society they would appreciate it. You can PM me and I will send you my home address. The event is August 20th. Those of you who are Facebook geeks can look up "3rd Annual Beers for Brandon” on FB. I have also attached the flyer.
Interestingly, the refs have been challenged to a 7s match against a motley side of props on that day. I am going to stack the team with lightning quick young refs. And, the referee of the match will be mandated to have a bias towards us or he is getting a poor assessment.

Attachments

• 2011 Beers for Brandon Flyer 1.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 7

Stoo48

Referees in America
Post Likes
How do you and I count as "lightning quick young refs"? Or are we the voice of experience?

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
We are not lightning quick. I have one new ref who can run a 4.4 sec 40 yard. The young army sergeant that we both like may play as well. Trying to find a venue now as the normal pitches are closed due to the lack of rain and excess heat

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Do you have any games available on the Sunday after the day the game would be?

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
It is a charitable, friendly event. Not a tournament. Just a bunch of players coming in from across the Midwest to pick up one or two matches and then get together for beers, music and fun. And, they will raise some money for a fellow player as well.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
I mean like regular season games on Sunday that I could go to, I want to get out of WI for a while it gets pretty boring.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Wisconsin is a great state. Great hunting and fishing. The camping is awesome. Door county is about to hit the peak time of year. Summerfest is incredible. They had Brittany Spears, Kid Rock, Katy Perry, Peter Gabriel and the Dropkick Murphys this year. The golf courses are inexpensive and challenging. The women are smoking hot farm girls of German and Scandanavian descent. There is a polka festival every weekend somewhere. How can you be bored?
On a different note, there is no Rugby here now. The temperature is in the 90s with a heat index over 100 and only 0.33 inches of rain all month. I played touch for two hours with a local club last night and dropped 6 pounds. No one wants to do much on these days.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Wisconsin is a great state. Great hunting and fishing. The camping is awesome. Door county is about to hit the peak time of year. Summerfest is incredible. They had Brittany Spears, Kid Rock, Katy Perry, Peter Gabriel and the Dropkick Murphys this year. The golf courses are inexpensive and challenging. The women are smoking hot farm girls of German and Scandanavian descent. There is a polka festival every weekend somewhere. How can you be bored?
On a different note, there is no Rugby here now. The temperature is in the 90s with a heat index over 100 and only 0.33 inches of rain all month. I played touch for two hours with a local club last night and dropped 6 pounds. No one wants to do much on these days.