Heart rate monitors

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
This thread has been a revelation to me. My cycling computers have always recorded my HR, I have data from 2011, but I've never read it, just looked at times and distances. So today I checked up on what it meant, and was surprised o find that there is a strong line of thought that you train slow (Zone 1 / 2) to cycle fast.
This explains how when I've come back form cycling Lands end John O Groats my sprint time on my normal 7.2 mile course suddenly improves... but I haven't been cycling fast on LEJOG, instead I have been inadvertently doing my Zone 1 or Zone 2 training. This happened in 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015. I've got Buckingham U25 vs Bicester U25 on Saturday, so it will be interesting to see how I get on (I've got a 92 mile cycle tomorrow so might be sore still).

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Can you post a link to that? I've mostly used my couple of years of varsity training (we got strength training weekly during the season and were given programs for the year to work on outside of those times) to make myself a program that works for what I need, but it would be nice to have something tried and tested.

http://www.sarugby.co.za/boksmart/pdf/BokSmart-Physical conditioning for rugby referees.pdf

here you go mate, dont try open it on your phone, doesnt work for me

Last edited:

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
The box smart one is good, but relies on you have the same season structure as SA.

Ross Hanbury is a fitness coach for London Society, and if approached might supply you information/program. Including links to youtube showing techniques etc. Must be doing something right - given the number of London Refs doing so well on the YoYo.