Honour board in some books?

Mickman

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
First game of the season for two teams in a local second tier senior competition (my fourth), Green vs Blue.

5 :noyc: in all. 3 to green, 2 to blue.

1. Green :noyc: - deliberate infringment; 10 mins in, blue attacking 10m from goal line, green 8 lying in/ next to ruck, 'flings' ball back to his own side.

2. Blue :noyc: - deliberate infringment; 30 mins in, green attacking 5m from goal line, blue 10 (captain) 2nd player at tackle, entry fine, goes straight to ground and covers ball on ground, no attempt to roll/ get out of way

3 and 4. Blue and Green :noyc: - 50 mins in, 2nd incident of push and shove between 7 blue and 9 green in back play after a tough but fair cleanout (bit of agro and 'd!@& measuring' going on) all players in to break it up and continuing push and shove between teams as they seperate. Give 7 blue and 9 green both a rest for continuing disturbances as they had a few warnings from myself and their own captains.

5. Green :noyc: - 55 mins in, dangerous tackle/ shoulder charge after tap taken from penatly kick.

All in all, thank yous from managers and both captains happy with the game in terrible weather conditions. Final 28 - 0 to blue (home team).

3 and 4 could be seen as a little soft, but did put an end to the 'niggly' stuff from both sides and made the rest of the contest a tough tight affair.

Any thoughts?

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
3+4 if you have warned them and they still wanted to do it then have a rest.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
3 and 4 could be seen as a little soft, but did put an end to the 'niggly' stuff from both sides

You answer the question of the cards there. It stopped the cr@p. So they worked.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
1 & 2 YC sounds spot on

3 & 4 - judgement call, but if niggle is allowed to build then it only gets worse, and you had warned before, so again I would say good call, especially as it worked...

5 Sounds like a fair call - Red may have been over the top, but again a judgement call depending on the circumstances.