I thought I was bad, assessor said I looked good

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
This surely isn't a unique feeling, right? Did a game yesterday after a while out of the middle, felt rusty and not really with it, thought my performance wasn't 100% in half a dozen respects, came off, assessor said I did really well and looked good.

Someone please reassure me that this happens to other people as well.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
If the advisor thinks your good the players think your bad,! And vice versa, wierd.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Sometimes its all in your own head..........................sometimes you just get away with it!! :biggrin:

Doesn't really matter as long as you do your own self assessment....................you don't have to tell anyone there are things you want to do better; just get on with it.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
I've had it before, My assessor thought that my performance was amazing, but I thought it was shocking. I have no idea why/how, but it happened. I've also had the players think I was very bad and the assessor think I was great. It all depends on the day, like yesterday I thought I had an ok game, but the players were all very positive.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I mean, I even asked him (carefully!) what he thought of a couple of things I did that I was very unsure about, and he said straight-up "they looked good, you did them well".

Someone was filming, so I guess that'll make interesting viewing.