Italy v france

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
BBC have no commentary on channel 601 (red button) ...... So I'm listening to JPD only ...... Its a great insight into player communication etc .... A real bonus discovery for me

Love it.

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
How far will the Italians be allowed to stray ahead if the kick off before they get penalised?!!? , 3m,5m, 10m ....or is there no limit ?:shrug:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
During play he used French when instructing French players, but English when talking to the Italians.

I think that is a mistake. The Italians are entitled to know what he is saying to France, and both teams will be used to hearing English in international matches.

If he is explaining something to just one side during a break in play, that is different.

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
BBC have no commentary on channel 601 (red button) ...... So I'm listening to JPD only ...... Its a great insight into player communication etc .... A real bonus discovery for me.
Do you know if this is for every game or a one-off? I've heard of this before, but never managed to find it.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Sorry Taff, i can't guide you on that query.....

on another subject did anyone notice WB says "use" not "use it" , I'm going to try it & see if it improves things or not.