It's vegas baby.

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
4 Weeks to go - am arriving mid afternoon on 8th if anybody fancies a few pre-breif shandies. Am staying at palace station initially (well until WWI arrives stamps her feet and insists we move to the Cosmo.)
If anyone is there earlier england team have invited me to their training and meet the fans reception- pm me if you want to go as my replacemnent.

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
I'll be there. I'm also at the palace station. I'm not sure when I'm arriving yet

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
I was planning on going this year but a minor surgical procedure and a new work commitment will only let me get as far as Kansas City.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
I shall be arriving by private plane on the evening of Wednesday the 8th. A few sneaky shandies may be the order of the day before the LVI tournament commences on Thurs and Fri.

When's the training session. It was good fun watching NZ train last time, didn't realise how short titch is!

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
its the 8th afternoon so will both miss it, (sure they have another thursday but we'll be a tad busy).
i think luke ( rfu younster on the irb 7s circuit) is now going to sub. for me anyway.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
there's always someone training on the pitches around SB.

Last time I saw Scotland training, YES, honest to God, SCOTLAND!

Are you doing the LVI?

its the 8th afternoon so will both miss it, (sure they have another thursday but we'll be a tad busy).
i think luke ( rfu younster on the irb 7s circuit) is now going to sub. for me anyway.

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
i certainly am -hopefully the sam boyd pitchs stuff - 7s,womens collegiate, district 15s, and liberty cup (which i really enjoyed last year) and possibly womens irb sevens if Dana lets me join her gang :smile:

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Enjoy good old USA.

My daughter has been out in Florida over Christmas / New Year, with friends. Flying home tonight - or were, apparently they went for a final meal out before heading airportwards - car with passports, tickets and her laptop (containing work she was doing over the hols for uni) was stolen while they were eating...

Take care.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Oh I'm sure she will :smile:

i certainly am -hopefully the sam boyd pitchs stuff - 7s,womens collegiate, district 15s, and liberty cup (which i really enjoyed last year) and possibly womens irb sevens if Dana lets me join her gang :smile:

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
cause we're 'Downunder' and he's Up-under?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
Because alost every post I make is done in between my lab work so I pop in, look what's new and then hit quote and start typing. Means I don't have to click to after the end quote box.

Stu, why do you post then quote instead of quote then post like rest of us?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm surprised you have time to post what with all the press-ups and planning your meals for next 217 days!

:biggrin:

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
Social (thats social not socal) PLAN A-8th- check in -hit the strip- meet english team (oh and some "eagles" apparently- aren't they american scouts) at todd english pub, refs breif, hit the tables
9th- Parade ?? breifing/beer with IRB, HSBC VIP reception, rugby bash at PBR/planet hollywood,hit tables
10th beers at sam boyds with the DOGS , another flipping hsbc reception tp meet the other half (or miss this bit for refs dinner), LVI Party at sunset,hit tables,
11th Rugby party at PH with UB40,LVI refs dinner and wrap party, hit tables
12th IRB teams dinner/show/refs court then wrap party at PH.,hit tables

PLAN B- check in , get wasted , stumble around for 5 nights

PLAN C- just follow DR.STU (apart from the huge breakfasts and any gym visits)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Social (thats social not socal) PLAN A-8th- check in -hit the strip- meet english team (oh and some "eagles" apparently- aren't they american scouts) at todd english pub, refs breif, hit the tables
9th- Parade ?? breifing/beer with IRB, HSBC VIP reception, rugby bash at PBR/planet hollywood,hit tables
10th beers at sam boyds with the DOGS , another flipping hsbc reception tp meet the other half (or miss this bit for refs dinner), LVI Party at sunset,hit tables,
11th Rugby party at PH with UB40,LVI refs dinner and wrap party, hit tables
12th IRB teams dinner/show/refs court then wrap party at PH.,hit tables

PLAN B- check in , get wasted , stumble around for 5 nights

PLAN C- just follow DR.STU (apart from the huge breakfasts and any gym visits)

Checked 3 times. Can't actually see any refereeing in that list!

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
That's left to the serfs!

I'm looking forward to it this year. Should be some good rugby to ref at the LVI, hang out with friends old and new and imbibe a few ales~!

Checked 3 times. Can't actually see any refereeing in that list!