Kettering v Bedford Ath - any info?

Chunky Charvis

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
I have Kettering v Bedford Ath tmrw, looking forward to it as my last E.Mids game was a cracker.
Anyone know anything about these sides, in particular this season?
I see that Bedford have started better and look strong, while Kettering were hammered pre-season by Havant and have lost 2 on the bounce in the league.They have obviously played each other for many years at this level so there will be no love lost there!

duncanb

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Hi
Kettering in next town to me they have dropped abit of late and they have also adopted a policy of not paying players just recruiting through lower teams and colts,(one of main sponsors went bust). Coach sounds optomistic in local rag about season; results so far don't back this up.
Have only reffed lower teams at Bedford Ath they have dropped over a few years but seem stable at this level and results so far this year are good.
On form you would expect Bedford to win but as localish derby then anything is possible.
Intersting journey into ground down a couple of side streets plus carpark is not largest around usually have a good few supporters so smallish bar is busy afterwards.
Generally a friendly bunch even if they are our local rivals.

Chunky Charvis

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Many thanks duncanb!!!! Sounds like it will be an enjoyable game.

duncanb

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Have a good un weather should be good which is a help at Kettering as if Wet quickly becomes a bog as is bottom of a natural bowl so good time of year to go.
I'm only a couple of miles away but will be working.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Did Kettering twice last year.

Really nice club, an warm welcome. They have a large coaching staff and the Head Coach can be a little aloof.

Should be a good pacey game with a good crowd.

Enjoy it