[Law] kick off gone 10 then blown back.

tewdric

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I actually had my first example of these mythical exam questions of a scenario last saturday!! Half the players twigged and half stopped where they were. It needed a loud "blown back play on!" From me and even then there were one or two confused expressions! :)

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Good job there's a law for that :D I've had it as a player, never a ref.

I did have a kickoff that hit the 10m line with the point of the ball and bounced about 5m backwards into the arms of a player from the team that kicked off. Howls of protest from the receiving team, of course...

mcroker

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Never had that... I've had a conversion go through the sticks and get blown back. Fortunately there's a law for that too; and even more fortunately I knew it at the time.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I actually had my first example of these mythical exam questions of a scenario last saturday!! Half the players twigged and half stopped where they were. It needed a loud "blown back play on!" From me and even then there were one or two confused expressions! :)

The Claim: That the ball has to touch the ground, or be played by a player, on or beyond 10m line, or it hasn't gone 10m

The Reality: Its one of rugby's many urban myths - it isn't true.

Last edited: