Late Red Card - in the Match and the Season

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've had a really enjoyable season. I've used yellow cards several times, but until today, I've not had occasion to use the red.

Level 10 match, physical, and quick, very warm. Even throughout, until Green 4 acting as tackle assist failed to release ball carrier before playing the ball. Ping and penalty, but he wouldn't shut up about the ball carrier hanging on. Called him & skipper over, explained decision, skipper happy, and on the way to the 10m point tried to shut his player up - unsuccessfully. As the Away team had opted for the sticks, I called them back and :noyc: for dissent. "Oh F*ck Off" was the response.:norc:

Shame really, but the assessor was happy with it, and so am I on reflection. Paperwork done now anyway!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
What was the "Dissent" that caused you to call him back? was it foul and abusive?
Had he been giving you problems during the game?
No problem with the subsequent red however.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Wer his commenst while walking away directed at you, or was he simply arguing with his captain?

If the latter the I would have suggested simply letting the pair of them talk among themselves, and carry on. If he was calling back over his shoulder and telling you what he thought then yes call back and YC.

Following the YC the FO comment brings a red, no problem.

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
Essentially, he was complaining I was wrong, the ball carrier was holding on - not the way I saw it. While it wasn't abusive, it was directed at me and was reported under 10.4 s on my report

niall murphy

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
Sounds like Green 4 brought it all on himself and he fully deserved a red. Let us know the outcome of the discipline process in due course. N

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Sounds like he deserved it, sounds like a tit who couldnt accept he was wrong.

I had similar, just constant moaning (and wrong)

Early in the match, constant whinging, so PK, word with skipper. Kept on few mins later complaining about high tackles, which there was none. So :noyc:

Quiet until the third quarter, tackle about 20 meters from where the previous carded player was, clucking bell ref that was clucking high, shouted so everyone could here. PEEP 2nd :noyc: and then a red :norc:
His captain said oh well he should have learned you wouldnt stand for it :D

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Sounds like he deserved it, sounds like a tit who couldnt accept he was wrong.

I had similar, just constant moaning (and wrong)

Early in the match, constant whinging, so PK, word with skipper. Kept on few mins later complaining about high tackles, which there was none. So :noyc:

Quiet until the third quarter, tackle about 20 meters from where the previous carded player was, clucking bell ref that was clucking high, shouted so everyone could here. PEEP 2nd :noyc: and then a red :norc:
His captain said oh well he should have learned you wouldnt stand for it :D

You sent someone off? No! :wow:

:biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well if you kept up with play you would spot more :D

I did a YST semi at the weekend 79-5. About 22 degrees C

I kept up with that ok but was sweating like a Scouser in a maths exam by half time. Drink and shirt off :wow: under the trees revived me!

The other finalist is a plastic Geordie Team from your neck of the woods.

Into the final with two HWOs. No bugger can get there on a Wednesday Night for 18h00. Not good but never mind.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
I did a YST semi at the weekend 79-5. About 22 degrees C

I kept up with that ok but was sweating like a Scouser in a maths exam by half time. Drink and shirt off :wow: under the trees revived me!

The other finalist is a plastic Geordie Team from your neck of the woods.

Into the final with two HWOs. No bugger can get there on a Wednesday Night for 18h00. Not good but never mind.
:D :D

Its not my neck of the woods!!!

They are backward inbread sorts over there.

Oh and one of them was a 7pm KO, which I had switch shifts with then they cancelled.
The other team should have travelled even with a few players as the home team would never be able to KO at that time.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
:D :D

Its not my neck of the woods!!!

They are backward inbread sorts over there.

Oh and one of them was a 7pm KO, which I had switch shifts with then they cancelled.
The other team should have travelled even with a few players as the home team would never be able to KO at that time.

Was that the semi final or the quarter?