Law 10 (FOUL PLAY)

Richard smith

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Does law 10 allow or permit the referee to award a PK to the non-offending side due to the fact that he is being "Verbally Challenged" by the captain of the offending side????

this question is asked as i Watched the 1st half of a game at my old secondary today school and the referee did just that!!!!

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Isn't that dissent?

spmilligan

Referees in England
Post Likes
10.4(s) All players must respect the authority of the referee. They must not dispute the referees decisions. They must stop playing at once when the referee blows the whistle except at a kick off or at a penalty kick following adomnishment, temporary suspension, or send off. Sanction: Penalty kick.
So for me yes because the player is disputing the referees decision of "play on". I have given such a penalty kick in a game. It is a great tool for keeping a side quiet and concentrating on the game in hand, especially if used early on.
I have then found the game to be more enjoyable for all concerned.
If not shut up early the voices just get louder and more frequent. Especially the ones in my head:chin:

Richard smith

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Isn't that dissent?

Technically yes, which i do believe is dealt with under law 10 ( I THINK )

hopefully some of our more knowledgable members will correct my last statement if its incorrect :scot:

Richard smith

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
10.4(s) All players must respect the authority of the referee. They must not dispute the referees decisions. They must stop playing at once when the referee blows the whistle except at a kick off or at a penalty kick following adomnishment, temporary suspension, or send off. Sanction: Penalty kick.
So for me yes because the player is disputing the referees decision of "play on". I have given such a penalty kick in a game. It is a great tool for keeping a side quiet and concentrating on the game in hand, especially if used early on.
I have then found the game to be more enjoyable for all concerned.
If not shut up early the voices just get louder and more frequent. Especially the ones in my head:chin:

Never had the need to read Law 10 as far as (S) but thanks for the info :scot: