Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
The player in question was just returning from a 4 match ban, for punching a player from Racing Club Lescure Arthes XIII. Lescure-d'Albigeois said they are not in the least surprised with the news. Adding that had the player been barred by his club last month this would not have happened.

Ecole Stéphanoise Rugby XIII club président was in England at a Catalan Dragons match at the time. He stated he had not wanted the player to take further part with the side.
The game was abandoned at that point 27 minutes played, score 12 a piece.

FFR13 website

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
More than just a life ban is needed here. This moron should be charged with aggravated assault and sentenced to some serious prison time.

I definitely agree with this. Rugby part first, it must be a life ban, anything else would have no credibility and show no support for officials.

A clear unprovoked assault, off the pitch this would be charged and got to court so I see no reason why they same should not apply just because it occurred on a rugby pitch. I've no opinion on sentences, that's up to a judge but I'd say it must be prosecuted.