Lions Lift

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
I was reffing a friendly when one of the lads (hes a bit of a k**b, i know him far to well, and that isnt a friendly banter k**b, hes an utter phallus) tried lifting one of the back rowers in a 2001 Lions-esque lift. What is the law behind this? Presume you all know what im on about if not... see below :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_2Y1uWx2bg

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
At a conversion it is specifically banned.

[LAWS]
(a)
All players of the opposing team must retire to their goal line and must not overstep that line until the kicker begins the approach to kick or starts to kick. When the kicker does this, they may charge or jump to prevent a goal but must not be physically supported by other players in these actions.[/LAWS]

Kick again, no charging.

At a penalty.

[LAWS](c)
If the kicker indicates to the referee the intent to kick at goal, the opposing team must stand still with their hands by their sides from the time the kicker starts to approach to kick until the ball is kicked.[/LAWS]

Scrum at the mark.

collybs

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also there is

9.A.2 Kick at goal - special circumstances
(d)

Any player who touches the ball in an attempt to prevent a penalty goal being scored is illegally touching the ball.

Sanction: Penalty kick

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Excellent, I knew i didn't look right... but then come the "but i saw it on the telly" remarks!