[CLUB RUGBY] Mat Luamanu dangerous tackle

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Really? Would anyone had issued a red card here? There are so many mitigating factors at play here - how was the All Black player supposed to know what the Irish players was going to spin into this place. The contact wasnt that bad - head collision was a "rugby incident" which is what actually caused the injury.

Which was kind of my point about a 12-18 inch duck beforehand.

In the one yesterday ball carrier was upright, so the contact was going to be high anyway.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
how was the All Black player supposed to know what the Irish players was going to spin into this place.

That's not relevant.

The contact wasn't that bad - head collision was a "rugby incident" which is what actually caused the injury.

I thought the Irish player went off and couldn't come back on. How is that classed as "wasn't that bad"?

The point of contact between the shoulder the ball carrier head/neck are the same as the example in the World Rugby letter.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
I see the judiciary believe its very relevant Phil. And when I said "wasnt that bad" I meant the tackle element - my bad for not being clearer. The injury was caused by the head collision in my view.

The Disciplinary Committee, chaired by Antony Davies (England), alongside Derek Bevan (Wales) and John Doubleday (England), having viewed video footage of the incident, listened to evidence and representations from and on behalf of the player, and reviewed all of the other evidence, concluded that Mr Cane's actions had been accidental and that he had not therefore committed an act of foul play. The citing complaint was not upheld and Mr Cane is therefore free to resume playing immediately.