moving house - which society advice please

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Morning all!

Am planning to move house from Suffolk to Herts soon, but as the house is very close to Beds and Cambs, would anyone recommend a particular society to join?

PM's gratefully accepted if you don't want to go "public".

Thanks.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I know I am (we are) not party to all the facts but:-

ex-lucy was from Herts

How's that for starters???!!!!!!:chin::Nerv:

I've refereed one game in Cambs (L9) and they were pants so that's the limit of my experience!!!

It's all daan sarf anyway so it'll be rubbish wherever you go!

Let me know if I can be anymore help!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Leeedwards22

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
We have a lot of university games in Cambs, dont really know about the adult side as I mainly do youth on Sundays which is always good fun

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Cambs area - as I remember it - goes East and also into Suffolk.
I'd get a compass and draw a big circle around your new house that represents how far you're willing to travel. Then see which Society has the biggest overlap with the circle you just drew!

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
There are a number of alternatives depending upon where in Herts you will be residing.

These will range from staying where you are (and being happy to travel) to looking at London or Herts or Essex or Eastern Counties. I would suggest you talk to each about your aspirations and how you can work together to achieve them.

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
There are a number of alternatives depending upon where in Herts you will be residing.

These will range from staying where you are (and being happy to travel) to looking at London or Herts or Essex or Eastern Counties. I would suggest you talk to each about your aspirations and how you can work together to achieve them.

I thought the clue was in the first post, as I'll be within spitting distance of both Beds & Cambs - I'm moving to Stotfold, just north of Hitchin. Can't find a website for either Beds or Cambs, but can find Cambs Uni Society and as I am still a member of Suffolk & North Essex I am aware of the standard of games I get over here. :wait:

I tried to email the membership sec of Herts and it got rejected as not known, and as I have no details at all of Beds or Cambs, I'm kinda stuck as to what to do.

Pointless waiting for RAFRURS appointments....there are none! Got the RAF 10's (Binbrook Bomb) tournament in a couple of weeks, but that's it on my horizon for the forseeable future until I can figure out who to speak to and which society to join.

duncanb

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
East Mids runs from down nearish your way at Amptill /Dunstable /Biggleswade/Leighton Buzzard upto Huntingdon and Peterborough it also covers Bedford itself and all of Northants with a wide range of Levels.Game availabilty is usually good for Saturdays and if your mad enough usually plenty of Sunday age games to be covered.Mid Week some Uni stuff at Beford Northampton and Luton and some schools stuff as well
Society can be found easily enough if you google East Midlands Rugby referees and then us the contact us on the intro page.

Duncanb

Skids

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
Thanks Duncanb