Mr Binman - Connacht v Munster

Camquin

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I am missing something, but I might have a word with the ump about presentation doesn't he know looking smart is vital to maintaining respect.

Also I think the gold player broke early and will be sent tothe halfway line while blue retake the corner.
Just don't get me started on GB's performance against India.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
PK and YC yes. PT no. IMO.

Agree Phil E..

But for the foul play would a try have been scored? Not in my book. There was cover, and the pass itself wasn't that good.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Agree Phil E..

But for the foul play would a try have been scored? Not in my book. There was cover, and the pass itself wasn't that good.

With a good pass, rather better than a 50-50 chance, perhaps. The 9 wasn't going to get to him, he was justa s far from the line if not further and 5 metres away; the opposite winger had a chance, but how quick was he?

Had 15 taken the pass without breaking stride, and simply motored just left of straight ahead (to a few metres right of the right hand post), he'd have left the 9 for dust and beaten the opposite winger across.

I'm not sure the pass was that bad. It was ahead of the 15, and I reckon he'd have take it in stride.

Paule23

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
When I first watched it live I thought it was too far out with cover available, therefore no PT. watching the slow mo has not changed my opinion.

Try possible - yes, probable, that's a bit of a stretch.

paul mc

Referees in Ireland
Post Likes
In fairness to the Ref he was going with Pen & YC and when he relayed this to the TMO the TMO asked him to take another look, which I presume is the pre-arranged response for I don't agree.
After reviewing it one more time he went with YC & Pen Try

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... But for the foul play would a try [probably] have been scored? Not in my book. There was cover, and the pass itself wasn't that good.
Beckett, don't forget the law book mentions a "probable" score.

A lot of players especially think a "definite" score is needed.