My kind of game

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Wow, great photographs. Yeah, I love games like that, perfect rugby weather :biggrin:

The one that made my jaw drop was the rock climbing Polar Bear!!

bignij

Referees in England
Post Likes
The one that made my jaw drop was the rock climbing Polar Bear!!
I'll bet not half as much as the birds. I was going to put penguins until I realised the obvious mistake.:)

Ricardowensleydale

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
From a powerful, story telling point of view I thought the drug addicted sex worker was excellent - assuming it wasn't entirely staged, although I liked the Niorth Korea one. From a purely arty point of view I preferred the New York protester to the Tsunami one.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
There must be some stories out there about being totally unable to identify team.

not from refereeing, but when i was playing against Romford. navy blue vs black, middle of winter in a mudbath. player touched the ball down over their line, the referee had to clean the mud off the badge to determine whether it was a try or a 22m dropout.

turned out to be one of theirs, and the game finished 0-0. one of the many days where i was grateful for playing hooker!

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
From a powerful, story telling point of view I thought the drug addicted sex worker was excellent - assuming it wasn't entirely staged ....
I was just thinking the same. That's the one that sticks in my mind. Even if it was staged, it shows what a mess people can get into and how desperate some people can get. :frown:

Is that a midget Polar Bear? Compared to the size of the white bird in the top left hand side of the photo, either the bear is stunted - or that birds massive. :biggrin:

... Third photo in.......now that looks fun!
Fun? I can imagine it being fun to play in - but an absolute nightmare for the referee.

Last edited: