NLD - Paviors vs Matlock

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Any points on Paviors vs Matlock.

I believe a local encounter but not more than that.

No idea who my assessor is yet.

Andy

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Paviors have an interesting ground ;)

When I reffed them a few years back they were quite forward oriented.

Some of the assessors like you to boss the technical area and ensure that everyone stays in it. Best check before hand :)

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Paviors are a big forward pack who like to run in straight lines at people, but have some pace out wide as well.
Matlock have really quick backs, and a good back row.

Paviors will have opinions on many things, none of them correct. Their captain likes to talk to the referee, stamp it out early or he will carry on all the way through the game.

Should be a close game, the Matlock back row should nullify the Paviors power. If Matlock can get quick ball wide early, they will do well.

Did both these sides in various formats a couple of times last year, and in 7s over the summer.

Your assessor is one of the best in the area- he is very fair and a really nice guy. His assessments are taken very seriously.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I got sent off for the only time in my "career" at Paviors.

In more recent years some of the coaches of their junior sides have a high opinion of themselves - and their charges.

I hope Matlock batter them - how's that?

Last edited:

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I got sent off for the only time in my "career" at Paviors.

In more recent years some of the coaches of their junior sides have a high opinion of themselves - and their charges.

Not just the junior sides.
Their coach last year was a pain. His eyesight must have been amazing because he picked the minutest detail up from about 80 yards away.
Luckily he is not there this year. Their coach this year is not too bad, although he was coaching the players in pre season to make the tackle, get up to hands and feet, then walk on all fours over the ball effectively sealing it off from incoming defenders. Not sure how that has worked out for them so far this season.