Not a send off... apparently

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
It's got the point where I'd like to see someone sue the NRL for failing to exercise its duty of care to the players, as has now happened to the NFL. (Ideally this would happen without first needing someone to retire due to post-concussion syndrome after one of those high shots, but I'm not optimistic.)

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
WTF did I just watch?
on report?
That game is getting more and more stupid. Two refs ar's and TMO and it goes on report. STUPID

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
I would just like to remind everyone that the NRL is not the only game in town, and the RFL is happy to see players sent off when they deserve it.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Re: Re : Not a send off... apparently

It's got the point where I'd like to see someone sue the NRL for failing to exercise its duty of care to the players, as has now happened to the NFL. (Ideally this would happen without first needing someone to retire due to post-concussion syndrome after one of those high shots, but I'm not optimistic.)
The NRL has been world-leading in the way it has been enforcing strict concussion rules this year. You'd be clutching at straws to make a case just because they're not sending players off.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2

Frizell who performed the high tackle is only facing 2 weeks on the sidelines. Somehow the judiciary saw his tackle as a "careless" grade 5. The charges for high tackles are careless (grades 1-5), reckless (1-5), and deliberate (1-5). Can't imagine how it wasn't viewed as reckless.

The body slam which chrismtl posted has Fifita facing 4-6 weeks.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Re : Re: Re : Not a send off... apparently

The NRL has been world-leading in the way it has been enforcing strict concussion rules this year. You'd be clutching at straws to make a case just because they're not sending players off.

It's one thing to deal with them properly when they happen and another to take action to stop them happening in the first place.

Dixpat

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes

Frizell who performed the high tackle is only facing 2 weeks on the sidelines. Somehow the judiciary saw his tackle as a "careless" grade 5. The charges for high tackles are careless (grades 1-5), reckless (1-5), and deliberate (1-5). Can't imagine how it wasn't viewed as reckless.

The body slam which chrismtl posted has Fifita facing 4-6 weeks.

Re Frizell

As I understand it was deemed careless not reckless because

* ball carrier was falling at time of impact i.e. when Frizell lined him up for the tackle his head was higher than when he made contact
* there was no closed fist