Oh dear

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
A little more info on this in this article:
http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/videos...gerie-malaisie-termine-pugilat-2206151629.php

A bit lazy to translate everything, but here a few interesting bits:

From Midi Olympique, Azzouz Aïb (Algeria manager) declares:
When we read what's written, it feels like Algerian players are all thugs. Pictures circulating on internet only show our players hitting Malaysian players. But, I can guaranty you that Malaysian players weren't angels either. What happened is indeed regrettable and unacceptable. It has been a lot too far. We do apologise for this brawl and the bad image it gives to Rugby. Algerian Team does not promote nor accept violence in any form. This is not the image we want to give of our sport, particularly to children. Said so, I can assure you that no referee was assaulted by an Algerian player and that no nose was broken. I would like to clarify the truth.

When he is asked what started the brawl he answers:
When their tight head prop from Samoa has bitten at the 75th minute one of our players. Followed an exchange of punches. That's when
their number 7 grabbed a chair and throw it on our assistant coach Djemai Tebani et our scrum-half Boris Bouhraoua. When they saw Djemai and Boris both bleeding, my guys whose managed to keep it within themselves for the whole game just lost it.

An important part of information, that all of you may have seen somewhere else is that Algeria is still not part of World Rugby (nor part of Africa Rugby for that matter) as they still do not have a Union. The "Algerian Selection" is actually an "association" (some Commonwealth country would use "Charity" I believe).
Indeed this incident may very well delay (or more) their affiliation to World Rugby.

Cheers,
Pierre.