Oldie... Sale Sharks vs Ospreys, 2006

Rawling

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Just found this video on YouTube, showing a late Ospreys try and conversion to beat sale Sharks by 1 point in the Heineken Cup 2006/07.

The question is... how late? The game clock puts it at 6 minutes past the 80, which is backed up by the Wikipedia page. However, the video starts with a lineout at 4 minutes past the 80... did HK TV coverage only recently begin to use a stopped clock rather than a continuous one, or did the referee make a glaring error here?

Also... I wonder what the referee was asking his touch judges when he called for the TMO. He seemed pretty urgent to get them there in the middle with him.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
The question is... how late? The game clock puts it at 6 minutes past the 80, which is backed up by the Wikipedia page. However, the video starts with a lineout at 4 minutes past the 80... did HK TV coverage only recently begin to use a stopped clock rather than a continuous one, or did the referee make a glaring error here?

I believe HK coverage didn't stop the clock until this season. I've no idea why they didn't it was very confusing.

Simonsky

Referees in England
Post Likes
Interesting clip. Very exciting play from Ospreys -an amazing sequence of quick balls and switches/flip(pop) passes reminds you of what is possible when ball kept moving unpredictably and how rhythmic rugby is possible-would like to see a bit more of that at Kingsholm (specially after last Sunday:eek: )