personal assessment

abitinga

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
So reffed my first league game today a level 9 match. On the whole I was comfortable with the pace of the game and both teams rated me a 4 on fitness. ( our society has grading cards for each captain to score the ref after the match. 4 is very good. 3. Is good. 2. Is sat. 1. Is poor. )
General play was ok I felt I was in the wrong position on several occasions. Especially at the ruck. This seems to be my weakest area as I had a tendency today to go in spend some time locating the ball and not get out so I missed several players off feet and missed who put hands in first. I did end up giving a yellow ( which on reflection should have been red) for someone who called me a c**t I also for some bizarre reason of which I am still not sure let him back on after 10 mins real time not playing time. I think in general it wasn't bad for my first game at this level and the report of the wining team rated me as a 3 overall ( you can also give individual scores for areas of the game such as ruck/maul etc.) the loosing team weren't so gracious and have me a 1. I know I have areas to improve on especially as I'm now playing at higher level and at league I think ruck and offside are where I need to concentrate most. But to start the season I think this was a reasonable beginning if you have any advice please feel free

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well done.

Yes, you're right, Mr Cnut should be looking at 6 weeks off at least.

I'm sure you won't do it again.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Make a note of a couple of areas you know you could improve on.
Think about what you could do differently to solve them.
Then make a plan for your next game to put that into action.
PDP.

Glad you enjoyed it, that's the main thing.