Post match dvd analysis.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Ladies and gents,

I need to do some post match dvd analysis and wondering if any one has a template that they use, in the past ive done the normal thing of marking down all the scrums, PK's and FK's through the game but im also aware that their is/are other things I should be looking for and making a note of like positioning (and lack of) at the breakdown, lineout etc.

Any help appreciated, ive done a fair bit of self-assesment post match but not much dvd.

Edit: I have searched the forums and their was a similar question asked in 2008 and Im getting a basic heads up of things to look at but anything more current would be good.

Last edited:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
bYeah i have one that i think the SW Group use in these parts, PM your email and i'll send it to you (sorry still haven't worked out how to link things on this site :redface: )

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I always do a summary of how the game went, comment on how I delivered on the Big 5, and then a timeline which includes all PKs and scrums, highlighting any potential errors or non-decisions. If you want a copy of a completed one, just PM me.

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
PM's sent gents.

Ive just spent the last 3 hours poring over my game, watched it through first time as a fan, 2nd and 3rd time digested what went right and wrong and now have A4 paper all over with scribbled notes on!

Hopefully I can now put something together for my meeting on Friday with the Academy manager and my coach to see if were picking up on the same points!

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
spreadsheet sent, but i'm guessing you already know that :wink:

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Email's received from above members, been out all day in Glasgow with a Royal Navy v Royal Marines fixtures, weather definately suited the Naval Service! Wet!

Analysis plans in place for tomorrow.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
We have a word document that we use down here. PM me and I'll be happy to share it with you.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
bYeah i have one that i think the SW Group use in these parts, PM your email and i'll send it to you (sorry still haven't worked out how to link things on this site :redface: )

Just got my first DVD - sending you a PM! Want to look at it properly, rather than just watch a rugby game with my voice over!