Pro 12 & Aviva???

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Just realised that Setanta don't have these two comps this season. Who is the broadcaster and does anyone else in Aus know how we can get access?

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
We've lost them here too. Sportsnet World carried them, and both comps disappeared off their schedule last week. Now I've got no option for the Aviva except Premiership rugby and none at all for anything else NH.

Guyseep

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
BeIN sports bought the North American rights

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Aviva site still says Setanta Sports for Australia.
Good to see they up-date their site. Grrrrr!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
it's pretty rubbish that content owners fail to make their content legally available in large markets .... then complain about pirating...

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
They are an online only service. They aren't on tv anywhere in Canada yet as far as I know. The rights holders sold them to a broadcaster with virtually no presence in Canada. What a great way to grow your brand.

Guyseep

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
They are an online only service. They aren't on tv anywhere in Canada yet as far as I know. The rights holders sold them to a broadcaster with virtually no presence in Canada. What a great way to grow your brand.

Channel 391 on rogers
Channel 680 on videotron

BeIN bought up a bunch of euro sports without even checking what they were required to do to broadcast in Canada. They dished out a ton of money and the leagues said yes without knowing if BeIN had the go ahead to broadcast.

Also Google is your friend.

Last edited:

The Fat

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Got a response from Setanta in Australia.
They said they are still negotiating but hope to make an announcement very soon.

Fingers crossed.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Fat, is the AP not on ESPN Australia?

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Channel 391 on rogers
Channel 680 on videotron

BeIN bought up a bunch of euro sports without even checking what they were required to do to broadcast in Canada. They dished out a ton of money and the leagues said yes without knowing if BeIN had the go ahead to broadcast.

Also Google is your friend.
You got me on this one. I stand corrected. I googled Aviva Premiership on Sportsnet when I noticed it had dropped off Sportsnet's schedule and came up with the information in my last post. I guess I didn't search enough. I'm a Bell subscriber, so I guess I'm out of luck for now.

buff

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
1412 on Bell, apparently. I need to pay better attention to this stuff.:eek: