psychological effect of pre match words

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Clearly Richard Cockerills pre match column got under the skin of Castro, was this inadvertantly or all part of the plan?
Alex Ferguson wass credited with being a master !

Perhaps RC is a genius , as most smart money was on Toulon's flair winning the day?!?!

Toulon then gave the opportunity for PK Maestro Williams to win the match, so did toulon play differently ( the red mist) or is it a myth that pre match media jousting has any effect on players at this level?

PS.... Castro's "amends" looks like it was ghost written!

http://www.rugbydump.com/2014/12/40...trogiovanni-rants-about-cnt-richard-cockerill

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
so more follows .....

Leicester Tigers have reported to EPCR two incidents which the EPCR disciplinary officer is currently looking into in order to determine, among other things, if it is appropriate to take action for misconduct.

"The first incident concerns the allegations that Delon Armitage made insults towards or in the proximity of spectators during the match.

The second incident concerns the allegations that Martin Castrogiovanni criticised the Leicester Tigers sporting director, Richard Cockerill, by using offensive language, when addressing representatives of the media after the match."

I'm finding a seat in front of the TV for the 'return' on Saturday at Stade Mayol ...... Gotta be fun watching ....eh?

But should the "Pilou Pilou be allowed" ? Isn't it the same 'advantage' as the Haka?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_JK0fvtWc

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Wait. Delon Armitage being a bellend?

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
d3d0bbae782d50d52ae3a65e6c9ea800.jpg
sorry murfs , I didn't mean you, I lovea da you .... 4ever :love:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
EPCR say
"The misconduct complaint against Delon Armitage is that during and after the match he is alleged to have conducted himself in an unsportsmanlike manner by making a number of comments to, or within earshot of, spectators using foul and abusive language."

This will be interesting to see what the benchmark for distance/level of this is F&A language is.....

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
EPCR say

This will be interesting to see what the benchmark for distance/level of this is F&A language is.....
They heard it. That is what matters.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
They heard it. That is what matters.

Is merely hearing something enough (?) If so, some players might not make it outta the changing room!

Anyone got the report of the hearing?