[Tackle] Red card for Fido?

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Grasped with both arms, and not above the line of the shoulders

I agree with Taff, fair tackle, play on!

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Clearly a a dangerous tackle..lead with the head and makes contact to the head. YC.

Is Fido (pronounced Feedo) that italian player? Or Argentiniann

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Well its a textbook tackle that a few International players could learn from, but why is he making the tackle...He Has the ball!!

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
So in actual fact the girl is the tackler and she certainly seems to go above the shoulders and round the neck. However I don't think you could call that "with force" so I would be inclined to say just a PK to the dog.

Balones

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I appreciate that it may be a high tackle by the girl but I think the first offence is carrying the ball in the mouth by the dog. Is this the equivalent of running with the ball up your shirt? Against the spirit of the game?

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Great technique shown and the collision is definitely lost by the girl.

Play on IMHO :)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
well, as a ball carrier I thought's Fido's technique was pretty woeful to be honest. No attempt to attack a space, very high in contact, ball presented to opposition, no chance of an offload or pass out of the tackle.. The superior weight and strength means he gets away with it - that's the best that can bre said.

However, the girl's defensive technique is even worse. Flat footed, sitting back waiting. No attempt to lead with a leg and shoulder, no attempt to get under the attacker - its only the attacker's superior height that means she is under the chest TBH. At best a soak up tackle. Very poor.

didds