Returning to fitness

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
At work we have these zero gravity running machines.

Not sure if they are available in gym's though?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
At work we have these zero gravity running machines.
You mean no-one takes them seriously? My computer is sometimes like that. I know it is running, but nothing is happening.

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
There was a discussion on R5L (Radio 5 Live BBC) about pilates. It cropped up later about being good for backs -I don't know what it is (pilates). The whole discussion started off because Pippa Middleton's arse is the shape it is because of pilates.:bday: :clap:
A brief history of Pilates :
It all began with a German bloke, well into bodybuilding and all kinds of PE going by the name of Joseph Pilates. He was interned in the UK during WWI ; during which time he developed a PE programme for his fellow countrymen in the camp. After the war, he further developed the method with the help of his wife. At the heart of the method is core stability, that is his excerises build up certain muscle groups, (including the pelvic floor muscles for example) through relaxation, breathing excerises and loads of repetitions one can come to "switch" on muscle groups. It's good for back injuries, since these muscle groups help with *posture. (*That which much beer & lack of excerise take away from those of us who've reached middle age.)

Last edited:

Paully

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
thanks for all the advice. 2 games done in september - including a fast school 1st game yesterday morning. Back aches a bit but seems to be ok. Hopefully can put of becoming an assessor for a while yet!