Rugby in Grassy Key FLA

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Daughter's boyfriend, in Grassy Key, Marathon, Florida, has expressed an interest in learning about rugby.

Anywhere local to him recommended?

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I think there is a key west club too....but in all honesty he should stick to sport fishing down that way...

Davet

Post Likes
Thanks, Guys.

He does the sport fishing stuff anyway... and lives right by the Marina.

The Key West option sounds easier to me than Miami - i know daughter flew to Miami, then to Key West before bussing to Grassy Key.

But when you say stick to fishing, do you mean, "it's rugby, but not as we know it...?" The Key West website looks like a bunch of keen guys trying to build a club, sounds good to me (from 3000 miles away, anyway).

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I'm sure there's some keen players down there but not sure how serious it is and how often they play since they are isolated.

my family has a condo on islamorada...spent a LOT of time in the keys. key west is very hot and humid.

Davet

Post Likes
ddjamo - appreciated - and at 31 centigrade, thunderstorms, and hurricane season on the way....

But - not too serious is probably about righ for him at this stage... if he actually gets to the point of giving it a go.

Cheers,

Dave

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
he can always play rugby on Xbox - and WC rugby at that :horse:

Make sure he stays off the wing otherwise you'll only have granddaughters