Rugby League Appointments Where are you this weekend 2014

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Well, the season is kinda beginning and I've got my first nonuniversity appointment of the year being Hemel A v Southeast students on Sunday. Hopefully a good match.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Any new law interpretations for you English fellas this year?

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Nothing really new a few guidances but that's pretty much it.

On a side note showed up to my game today and they had a bunch of newly registered players for their community team. After talking for a while turns out they registered their first team who are a Championship 1 squad for the game as a warm-up. It was really nice to see that level, and a great experience.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Nothing really new a few guidances but that's pretty much it.

On a side note showed up to my game today and they had a bunch of newly registered players for their community team. After talking for a while turns out they registered their first team who are a Championship 1 squad for the game as a warm-up. It was really nice to see that level, and a great experience.

Sounds brilliant. I always enjoy reffing the higher grades. As long as you have the fitness, they're usually much cleaner and easier games to referee, e.g. they generally get themselves onside with out you having to say much at all.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Well, I'm off on my first RFL appointment on Sunday. Touch Judge for Gloucestershire all golds U16 v Sheffield Eagle.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Picked up a second game for the weekend on Sunday, Championship 1 warm-up it appears London Skolars Vs St Mary's University.

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
Junior league 9s here in London: appointments officer texts me 24 hours after sending out the original appointments to swap my hour and a half car journey to Southend (result) in the company of one C. Kuxmann of this parish (double result) for what's virtually a stroll to the end of the road by comparison (triple result). It's not what you know!

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Now the way that's written, it sounds like an hour and a half in the car with Cody was something you're glad to get out of. :chin:

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Well, I'm at the Junior 9s in Southend, might make a day of it, which is an hour across London on public tran and then an hour and half car ride. 4eyes can't believe how hurtful that is...

Junior league 9s here in London: appointments officer texts me 24 hours after sending out the original appointments to swap my hour and a half car journey to Southend (result) in the company of one C. Kuxmann of this parish (double result) for what's virtually a stroll to the end of the road by comparison (triple result). It's not what you know!

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Which do you like better? League or Union?

I like the fact that they're at different times of the year, I enjoy both I think they both bring different things. League I like for the fitness and boundary aspects. Union I like for the mental engagement it offers more, as league is very similar for the whole game.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Boundary aspects? What's that then?

How much the players are allowed to do, as in how far the boundaries can be pushed. Like the definition of the high tackle and the fact that they're running from 20m at each other. So player management I guess would be a better description of it.

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
First round back this coming Sunday. Just received my appointments - U15 premier grade @ 11am and U16 div 2 @ 11:15am. Obviously the appointments' officer and the secretary have received an email from me pointing out their mistake!

Edit: Appointments' officer says it looks like the league is changing the time of one of the games and he'll get back to me.

Looking forward to get back into it! It will be my first U16s.

Last edited:

leaguerefaus

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Sunday is now looking like a long day for me as I just picked up two more games. U11s @ 9, U12s @ 10, U16 @ 11 and U15s @ 12:15.