SCO-WAL breakdown

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
However for me first offence is off feet from blue, even for international lvl, then side from red. if red gets the ball plays on - no materiality

I agree with the order of infringements, but disagree with the approach. If you let this sort of thing go because the team who infringed first didn't get the ball then it'll happen at every breakdown.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Blue off his feet?
Never gets pinged at that level.

Rich_NL

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
I agree with the order of infringements, but disagree with the approach. If you let this sort of thing go because the team who infringed first didn't get the ball then it'll happen at every breakdown.

"He was off his feet! And in from the side!"
"The ref's not got a clue at the breakdown, let's make sure we don't lose out."

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Menace, I hear you but if I look at that still photo, and imagine that blue headgear and yellow boots weren't there, I believe the ref would have rewarded the jackler.

Quite possibly.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Blue 7 was on the ball in the still and had not done what gets penalised now of reaching over the ball and then dragging back. I agree it is a judgement call and maybe not c&o either way, but red 7 was C&O in from behind (not even the side!)

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
Likes Dickie E liked this post

Dickie, Have you changed your mind from earlier posts? Pinky's post is the opposite of yours.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Likes Dickie E liked this post

Dickie, Have you changed your mind from earlier posts? Pinky's post is the opposite of yours.

had not done what gets penalised now

I think we're in agreement. Let Blue go and ping Red. Or am I misreading it?