Scotland v Australia

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Jacko what do you think about the incident in the video? He looks out of the way to me? How would you manage that if you saw it?

Yeah, my comment was tongue in cheek. That for me is a YC, with a check upstairs given that it's a TV game to see if there was contact with the head.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I did wonder but wasn't sure :)

Thanks for the answer!

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
IAs a bet for the future I like SA referee Jason Jaftha. Despite only looking 12 years old he has done a good job in the Currie Cup games I've seen him in. If Mark Lawrence is still in charge of Elite Referee Development in SA I'm sure he'll produce the goods. JJ is one for the (near) future I think.

View attachment 2714
Personally I have been underwhelmed by JJ.

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Personally I have been underwhelmed by JJ.

+1

His performances at super 15 didn't impress me. I don't think he was awful though. I can't nail exactly what it is either, perhaps it was his propensity to just let everything go at the break down but then come up with 'gotcha' penalties at set pieces, or perhaps it's just his lack of onfield 'presence'? So perhaps that's an unfair from me too say, considering as I'm a short @ss too and probably lack presence as well.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I've seen that 3 of the 6 Natuons venues' pitches are appalling and certainly not conducive to a spectacle. There is lot of work to do at Murrayfield, Millenium and Stade de France to get them into a fit state worthy of the tournament.

Yeah, what's with that anyway? There has always been a problem at Millennium, but the other two is a recent thing.

Can't you grow decent turf in the NH? :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Yeah, what's with that anyway? There has always been a problem at Millennium, but the other two is a recent thing.

Can't you grow decent turf in the NH? :biggrin:

Andrew Cotter (BBC Commentator) suggested the Murryfield issue is some organism in the turf which is "eating" the roots of the grass.

I can't recall Paris being that bad before and like you say this system the MS has of laying the turf in "pallets" has always been an issue since it opened. TBH the MS seems to perform not too badly it just looks a mess.

The Aviva (ironically the newest NH Stadium) looks really good.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The stadiums with the best surface all use deso.
Wembley and HQ boyh solved their pitch problems with it.
It helps bind the grass together for a better surface.