"simulation" in the professional game

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Don't remember this then:
I can safely say Robert Jones was not dicking about. Watch him stamp on NFJ foot to kick it off.

I also wonder if Steve Tuynman thought "thanks a lot team mates" as gets twatted by Teague etc al.

As for Tom Lawton - dirty get!

Happy days.

Nearly as funny as that pass by Campese to Greg Martin.

Go on Ieuan!!!

Last edited:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I can safely say Robert Jones was not dicking about. Watch him stamp on NFJ foot to kick it off.

I also wonder if Steve Tuynman thought "thanks a lot team mates" as gets twatted by Teague etc al.

As for Tom Lawton - dirty get!

Happy days.

Nearly as funny as that pass by Campese to Greg Martin.

Go on Ieuan!!!
It sticks in my mind, probably mistakenly, that NFJ had had foot issues leading into the game.

shebeen

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I don’t agree with Mr. Cipriani. All the diving and crying is exactly the reason I don’t watch soccer.
I agree with this 100%.

Easiest way to stamp it out is to send people who show the signs of a head injury for an HIA.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I agree with this 100%.

Easiest way to stamp it out is to send people who show the signs of a head injury for an HIA.
HIA is a medical procedure and shouldn't be politicised

shebeen

Avid Rugby Lover
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
HIA is a medical procedure and shouldn't be politicised
Show signs of a head injury, legislate that you go off for a check-can't take chances here.

This Farrell incident and the nic white moustache injury are both football level play acting that could be avoided if they had to go and see a doctor for 10 minutes.

I'm sure there are maybe better ways, but this would be effective in stamping it out.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11

Yellow probably fair call.
Farrell pulled out his inner Ronaldo to get it up to a red. No contact to the face, yet there's where the playacting begins.

Worrying trend
I agree it's not a good look regarding Farrell holding his face, however it did look like a deliberate change in arm position to connect with Farrell's neck... that is foul play... should it be overlooked?

Playing Devil's advocate, some instances like this have been borne from officials missing foul play. Other instances are total sham (looking a Nic White).