Sunday Afternoon Funny #1

Deeps

Referees in England
Post Likes
Cracking County Colts League game yesterday; my former squad with a couple of lads that I know still there and another good local club side whose '2s' I had refereed yesterday, in fact 2 of the Colts players had been in that team.

End to end stuff as usual, good support from the crowd, everyone behaved themselves more or less including me and the result, not unexpectedly, was my former squad putting 45 points on the opposition. Watch out Blackheath, they are coming up to see you in the National Cup next week.

All teeth and smiles afterwards, good after game chat with the coaches, both sets of whom I know very well and a few laughs with the lads. I decided to offer my feedback cards to the two Captains instead of the coaches for a change, after all they are entitled to express their own opinions at that age. Later, I got the card back from my former squad skipper. 'That do you? Thanks very much for the game.'

I was then a little taken aback by the scores which were really quite low when I thought that I had had a reasonable game. I thought, 'that'll teach you to give the card to the skipper' and showed the card to his team's two coaches. Abject apologies and much reassurance that that was not their opinion then followed. I have a policy that I will always give out cards, no matter how good or bad a game I have, and that I will always post off the ones returned to me so it went off this morning. I just have to hope that the other skipper a) was a little more generous and, b) remembers to post the card off to SADO otherwise I shall be on shaky ground. :sad:

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Interesting. Wonder whether their scores was influenced by a lack of understanding of the LotG?

Had a similar on Saturday. Will put it in another thread rather than hijack this one:wink: