That law you might have read once but will never apply...

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
Hi All,

I'm sure there are actually quite a few of those. So more for banter than for anything else I decided to ask you if you have any other in mind...

I read this when I got back to the law book for answering a different thread (I honestly didn't remember even reading it)
[LAWS]4.6 Wearing other clothing
The referee must not allow any player to leave the playing area to change items of clothing, unless these are bloodstained.[/LAWS]
Seriously????? :chin:
Have you ever seen a ref disallowing a player to change shorts, jersey or boots?

Which one would you add to the list?
Cheers,
Pierre.

RussRef

Referees in America
Post Likes
19.10(j), which includes "The jumper must not use the outside arm alone to try to catch or deflect the ball."

Not sure what purpose this serves. Would appreciate any education.

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
19.10(j), which includes "The jumper must not use the outside arm alone to try to catch or deflect the ball."

Not sure what purpose this serves. Would appreciate any education.
This one makes sense to me: if the jumper has his inside arm below his shoulder level, he might just be pushing his opponent down...
I've always been told (and applied): "the jumper can touch the ball with only his outside arm as long as the inside arm is up in the air too"

Pierre.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
I read this when I got back to the law book for answering a different thread (I honestly didn't remember even reading it)
[LAWS]4.6 Wearing other clothing
The referee must not allow any player to leave the playing area to change items of clothing, unless these are bloodstained.[/LAWS]
Have you ever seen a ref disallowing a player to change shorts, jersey or boots?

I think that one predates substitutions and if from a time when "playing for 80 minutes with only a quick break to change ends" was expected.

Back when men were real men, women were real women and small green creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small green creatures from Alpha Centauri.

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
2.4 Weight
410 - 460 grams

2.5 Air pressure at the start of play
65.71-68.75 kilopascals, or 0.67-0.70 kilograms per square centimetre, or 9.5-10.0 lbs per square inch.

Anybody carry a scale or pressure gauge?

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
...2.5 Air pressure at the start of play
65.71-68.75 kilopascals, or 0.67-0.70 kilograms per square centimetre, or 9.5-10.0 lbs per square inch.

Anybody carry a scale or pressure gauge?
Would you laugh if I told you I do carry a pressure gauge. :redface:

I've never used it in anger though. :biggrin:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

I think the idea is they change on the pitch , not disappear off it.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
[LAWS](b) Repeated infringements by the team. When different players of the same team repeatedly commit the same offence, the referee must decide whether or not this amounts to repeated infringement. If it does, the referee gives a general warning to the team and if they then repeat the offence, the referee cautions and temporarily suspends the guilty player(s). If a player of that same team then repeats the offence the referee sends off the guilty player(s). [/LAWS]

I can imagine a series of yellow cards but not general warning -> yellow card -> red card