Thoughts on this one?

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Interestingly, a defender can jump and block a conversion kick from going over the crossbar, but not a penalty kick (though I'm not sure how likely this is given the cross bar is 3m from the ground).

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Got my gears turning, equally interesting, I don't think there's any law that would preclude someone from being lifted in the air akin to a lineout lift from behind the uprights and reaching over the top of the crossbar to swat the ball away too (for a conversion kick), as stupid as it sounds lol.
Law 8.14
All players retire to their goal line and do not overstep that line until the kicker moves in any direction to begin their approach to kick. When the kicker does this, they may charge or jump to prevent a goal but must not be physically supported by other players in these actions.

jdeagro

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
Law 8.14
All players retire to their goal line and do not overstep that line until the kicker moves in any direction to begin their approach to kick. When the kicker does this, they may charge or jump to prevent a goal but must not be physically supported by other players in these actions.
Yea spoke too soon, already deleted my reply lol. Something didn't seem right after I replied so I went back and found that too. Thanks! My mistake.