Unexpected

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I was at my daughter's for dinner this evening and we watched the World Diving Championships. I drew her attention to the name of an American diver that seemed familiar.

"Good heavens!" she said, "i used to babysit him."

We knew his grandmother well when his mother was coming to national attention as a young diver. He seems to have turned out pretty talented as well.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Who was it? My daughter is a diver and that is a fairly small community. The team she is on now is the one that David Boudia was on through high school

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Who was it? My daughter is a diver and that is a fairly small community. The team she is on now is the one that David Boudia was on through high school
Mike Hixon. His mother was Mandy Glenner when she was diving.

Our first ever diving competition was when Joyce Glenner took us along to watch Mandy competing in a Washington area championship. Mandy's closest rival's mother was one of the judges and somehow Mandy just lost by a fraction. However the competitors were being videoed for submission to the jury on High School All-American status. Mandy was accepted and her rival was not. Long time ago.

At the time of the babysitting my daughter had just stopped diving and was Mandy's coaching assistant.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
10m final: Qui Bo 1st, Boudia 2nd, Daley 3rd. Excellent performances