USA Guidelines...

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
Not wanting to start a huge thread on Why the USA do things differently, just want to know what the differences are.

There is a chance I'm going to ref a game in Rochester NY in a few weeks time, so jsut want to make sure I know the "subtle" differences in law interpretation!!

Can any of our American brethren help?

Of course - this assumes that I can get into the country, given it has stopped working :biggrin:

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
Flipflop, do you have a copy of the guidelines? If not they are here http://nysrrs.net/detail.php?article_key=21

Have you been in touch with the society yet? If not let me know, I'm currently the vice chair of the society.

As for the differences, I can only compare to rugby in Canada and I don't think there are huge differences. The games will be slower than you are used to.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
The only major thing I can see that is likely to have an effect is the receiver can enter the line before the ball is thrown, and no need to swap places.

The rest seems to be pretty standard.

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
You just pretty much summed it up. Just manage the timings on that and you'll be golden.

The only major thing I can see that is likely to have an effect is the receiver can enter the line before the ball is thrown, and no need to swap places.

The rest seems to be pretty standard.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Remember to speak English though!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Lowest Common Denominator - no more than two syllables