USA Sevens

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
December 6, 2007, Boulder, Colo. -- USA Rugby’s Sevens Referee Manager Patrick McNally officially announced today the referee and touch judge appointments for the 2008 USA Sevens event in San Diego.

As the culmination of the 2007 Sevens Referee Development program, Patrick McNally, in consultation with the Referee and Laws Selection Committee has made the following appointments to the USA Sevens:

Referee: Chris Draper
Touch Judges: Paul Bretz
Chris Henshall
Jem McDowall
Tom Lyons
Dana Teagarden
Aruna Ranaweera
Brad Kleiner
Judah Boulet

Complementing these officials will be two touch judges each from Rugby Canada and NAWIRA. The Sevens Referee Development program was instituted to focus on the unique nature of this game, and working with coaches, players and referees to develop and institute standardize good referee practices, and train referees at all levels.

“We worked very hard to connect with all participants of the sevens game, including Al Caravelli the National Sevens Coach, and see real improvement in the approach to refereeing sevens across the country,” said McNally. “All the appointees have performed very well, and have earned their place in San Diego.”

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yes, enjoy! I'm sure it will be a fun event.

And I'm sure very, very fast...

Gareth-Lee Smith

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Congrats!

A query though: that list reads that there is only a single referee and lots of TJs. Is this right or have I misread?

Simon Griffiths

Referees in England
Post Likes
If it's the USA Sevens (i.e. part of the IRB 7s circuit) then the other referees will be appointed through the iRB, I suspect the host countries are given the opportunity to appoint their own too.

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
Host country gets one ref spot to nominate someone...rest of refs are going to be the gents doing th IRB circuit.

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Congrats Judah.

Enjoy