USA Women's D1 National Playoffs

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
Well I returned yesterday from Columbia, SC and first off the weather was gorgeous the entire weekend. High 60's, low 70's with clear blue skies, and slight wind both days, made a perfect setting for rugby.

On Saturday I had teh Atlanta Harlequins, who had 5 eagles on the side, versus Emerald City Mud Hens from the Pacific Northwest. The Mud Hens were outclassed in this match. Atlanta's backline was thoroughly impressive with ball in hand, and put together some lovely tries which would have made many highlight reels (if anyone was taping). Atlanta won easily 55-0.

Sunday, being the low man on the totem pole in terms of rank, had a consolation semi final. It matched Philadelphia women vs Austin Valkyries. The match was a sloppy one, with both sides slowing the ball down at the tackle with slow rolling away. The first half was pretty boring and ended in a 0-0 draw. The second half was still sloppy, but saw Philly score a try, and conversion. Philly was up 7-0 until the last two minutes of teh match. At philly ruck 8M out from their try line, the #9 kicked the ball, and it landed in a Austin wings hands and she ran it in. Luckily for me, to prevent a tie, the Philly players played defense in in-goal, so that the conversion kick was taken from far left, and was no good. Shortly thereafter time expired, and Philly had the 7-5 victory.

It was a great weekend, and the championship semi finals were more exciting than the consolation finals. The women at the top level play some pretty impressive rugby.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
You lucky SOB. They fly you to sunny weather in South Carolina, whereas Rugby Canada are sending me to London (Ontario that is, along the same lines as Paris TX or Manhattan KS) for the Women's University Championships this weekend. Forecast is a balmy high of 5 degrees C.

Glad to hear it went well. Are you also scheduled to go to Florida for the proper finals or is that it for National appointments?

jboulet4648

Referees in America
Post Likes
Finals are for National Panel refs....Playoffs were National Appointments.