Vegas 2015/2016?

pwhaling

Referees in America
Post Likes
Rumor has it that Vegas has lost their iRB spot to Vancouver.
Anyone on the inside heard anything?

DrSTU

Referees in England
Post Likes
My source on the inside told me that they have a signed contract until 2019 with the IRB, so unless the IRB are going to buy the contract out then it's safe for a while.

I'm not sure if this means an extra stop on the tour as three places were suggested for new stops.

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
No way, rugby is the fastest growing sport in America, Canada is not part of America. Goodness

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
I think you mean "United States of America"

Last time I checked, Canada was in America

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
If someone from Canada is Canadian and someone from Mexico is Mexican, what is someone from USA called?

Don't worry about speed of growth. It is all about bums on seats.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
If someone from Canada is Canadian and someone from Mexico is Mexican, what is someone from USA called?

A sandwich? The neighbour?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
My source on the inside told me that they have a signed contract until 2019 with the IRB, so unless the IRB are going to buy the contract out then it's safe for a while.

Ahh but have they signed a contract with World Rugby?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes

Don't worry about speed of growth. It is all about bums on seats.

Murkin

chrismtl

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
As a Canadian, I seriously hope that Sevens doesn't go to Vancouver. Vegas will get me a flight, accommodation and tournament ticket for less than just my flight to Vancouver. Plus, I can play (or even ref) some sevens the 2 days before the tournament. Vancouver will kill any chance that East coasters go to the tournament. Rugby Canada loves having all of their events out West, and I'm really getting tired of it. At least the USA seems to understand that having matches in 1 city, on an island, off the west coast isn't a great plan for the growth of the sport. Rugby Canada throws Toronto a test once every year or two, but everything else is either Vancouver, or Victoria. If this was a proposal to have the tournament alternate every year between Toronto and Vancouver, I'd be all for it. But just Vancouver...nope. They're also planing on hosting it at BC place, with a 60,000 person capacity. They might get 10,000-20,000 the first year, but after that it'll be empty. Also, as a Canadian, if I'm going to go out west in February, I'm going skiing/snowboarding.