Wales v kick off procrastination

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Are Wales taking pre-kick off crowd build up, too far ???

Fine, your opposition go out first as a protocol, but once England had entered the field it took a damn awful age for Warburton & co to emerge as the laser show and music beats built to their preplanned orchestrated crescendo !

The irony of this from a nation who vociferously objected about the NZAB haka timings, isn't lost on me :holysheep:

Personally, I thought the laser show added to the evening build up UNTIL opposition players were on the pitch, thereafter it was delay gamesmanship , and its a trend that is worsening in showbiz, last night was a new high watermark in this distasteful practice.

But then, at 10-0 up, maybe it works ?....if so, perhaps England might leave the taffs out on the pitch for 37mins, and pipe in cold air to chill them before RWC2015 !!!!! ( sarc)

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
If I'm honest, I didn't like it ... and neither did Mrs Taff. I heard her mumble something before going for a strategic refill - returning just in time for the anthems.

Surely we don't need all of that. I'm not that old, but I wonder sometimes who the organisers are catering for, and I cringe. The accompanying music clearly wasn't aimed at anyone over 25 to 30 yrs old surely.

Last edited:

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
I hate all the prematch nonsense. But then I'm an old git.

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
Apparently the ref told the England captain that if Wales didn't come out with 1 minute of them going out, he could take Eng. back into the dressing room.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
It was a clear tactic to keep England standing around in the cold.
I am glad England stood their ground.......have we found a new Martin Johnson?

I have nothing against a bit of spectacle and a light show, but it's bad manners to keep a team waiting.

MORE HERE

Wales vs England: Chris Robshaw explains decision to wait in Millennium Stadium tunnel was to give England 'a bit of control'

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Both teams should be made to run out at the same time, this is what happens at Murrayfield in the Autumn Internationals, as per the "run sheet" that the team's must work off both team's were to be in the tunnel a set number of minutes prior to running out and going to either side of the halfway line.

Would of stopped that spectacle and maybe cut down on all the pre match bullshit, I mean build up.

And its not the players getting cold but the fan's who have paid a fortune to support there teams not spend another 5-10 minutes standing in the cold whilst the team's have a dick measuring contest in the changing rooms.

The umpire

Referees in England
Post Likes
Both teams should be made to run out at the same time,

As indeed they did in Paris. Both line up behind the STOP line in the tunnel, big countdown visible to all and on 0, out they come.
Simples.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Matty, you lift my heart when you talk about the pre match build up. When you're there you feel you are being controlled or gee'd up by someone or something which has no idea how little gee'ing up we all need for this hugely important match. Its as if they'd paid somebody from completely outside the game to come along and give us something we really, really don't need. Our passion comes from our knowledge, our experience and our culture. Two minutes of fireworks backed up by piped music can't compare.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
Both teams should be made to run out at the same time, this is what happens at Murrayfield in the Autumn Internationals, as per the "run sheet" that the team's must work off both team's were to be in the tunnel a set number of minutes prior to running out and going to either side of the halfway line.

Would of stopped that spectacle and maybe cut down on all the pre match bullshit, I mean build up.

And its not the players getting cold but the fan's who have paid a fortune to support there teams not spend another 5-10 minutes standing in the cold whilst the team's have a dick measuring contest in the changing rooms.

It certainly would have stopped the nonsense. Both teams running out togther has it's value. Then again they probably would have been stood around getting cold waiting for the TV people to be ready.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Loved it!!!!!!!!

thought that Robshaw refusing to go out was bloody brilliant. Made for a great event. Good on him :wink: