[Tackle] Wasps vs exeter

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
:chin: and Johnson got off? Not happy with JP saying the player fell into the tackle, how many have we seen where the tackler has been "done" for a high shot and the ref has said "it's the tacklers responsibility to make sure it's safe"? Is there a change in guidance on this?

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I will stick my neck out here but I don’t see any offence on the video clip.
I see two tackles by Black following a maul won by White.
The first one by B7: his arms came from above the height of the White player’s shoulder but I do not see any contact with White until below the shoulder.
The second one by B13: his leading shoulder appears to make contact with White ball carrier on or below the shoulder and arm wraps.

What was the offene?
Who got banned?
For what?
Have I seen the wrong clip?
Do I need to go to specksavers?

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
if you watch very carefully (and i missed it for at least the first 6 times i watched it) black 13 makes a shoulder contact to the head.

Still can't believe A Johnson got away with his swinging arm :wow:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Anyone got a clip of the Johnson arm?

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
I will stick my neck out here but I don’t see any offence on the video clip.
My thoughts exactly. I had to find out who'd be banned, then go back and look for him, then look for an offence.

But patently ridiculous. He went in high to prevent the offload, not to smash the guy. Even penalising that, to me, shows a terrible lack of empathy for the game.

Do I need to go to specksavers?
That is the stereotype!

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Didn't see anything wrong with the tackle in the OP. Good technique, below the line of the shoulders.

Watching the match live I thought that Johnson was a RC. Charged into the ruck, no attempt to bind and shoulder to the head. Looked even worse in slow-mo IMHO.

Jolly Roger

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
if you watch very carefully (and i missed it for at least the first 6 times i watched it) black 13 makes a shoulder contact to the head.

No, sorry, still don’t see it. Watched frame by frame and can see B13 should hitting whit shoulder then arm wrapping looked like a great tackle to me. If 4week bank then suggests that there is some compellling evidence that is not apparent from this club.