Western Province protest

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Wow, this must have been going on for sometime.
I'm a great believer in all refs reporting abuse to their society.
Whilst older experienced refs like myself can often laugh it off and insist the culprits leave the playing area, it could be the same knobhead week in week out getting away with it so even if I don't put a formal complaint in.
I have stopped games in the past and insisted the culprit leaves or I'm going home.
I will approach the suits after the game and let my committee members know what has happened.
We must protect our future refs from the abuse that is creeping into our game.

Decorily

Coach/Referee
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Wow, this must have been going on for sometime.
I'm a great believer in all refs reporting abuse to their society.
Whilst older experienced refs like myself can often laugh it off and insist the culprits leave the playing area, it could be the same knobhead week in week out getting away with it so even if I don't put a formal complaint in.
I have stopped games in the past and insisted the culprit leaves or I'm going home.
I will approach the suits after the game and let my committee members know what has happened.
We must protect our future refs from the abuse that is creeping into our game.

Here Here....
Over the many years that I have been officiating I have seen the issue of abuse increase.

We as referees tend to undervalue ourselves and if we continue to do so we can only imagine how others will undervalue us!

Reporting and actively saying NO is the way to go.

Good on these guys.