[Kit] What do you do for pre match preparation

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
This week I'll be travelling by train so either get there 2 1/2 hours before kick off or 35 mins, as I'm saving the club £25 in expenses I'm comfortable with 35 as I know teams and players well.
Would not do that if I didn't know clubs and officials well.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
no way, not sure what your trains are like where you are, but I wouldn't bet my weekly beer money on a train around here arriving on time, arrive early and go find a coffee shop/pub to sit in and relax.

JSAK

Referee, Old Boy, youth coach in Alaska
Post Likes
I head for the pitch about three days before the game. First, I have to snowshoe to my nearest neighbor to borrow a dogsled so that I can mush to the nearest small village to borrow snow machine. Then I travel to a larger village where I can rent a bush plane to take me to the pitch. Then I fire-up the D9 so that I can doze down the spruce trees that have popped up, and remove the boulders that the local glacier has deposited on the pitch, since our last game. The good news is that all of the racket usually scares off the grizzlies so that the bear guards can enjoy the game without worrying about a bear snatching the AR's or substitutes.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Bfg, I have better things to do with my life than sit in a Workington coffee shop:wink: