What is a teammate?

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
on occasions when the ball has blown over for conversions I've let the guy who brings the kicking tee on hold the ball in order to keep the game flowing and told the oppos it would be the same for you guys. Never had a complaint, I don't see it as a big issue at my level though i'm sure there will be som Hurrumphs here!!

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
on occasions when the ball has blown over for conversions I've let the guy who brings the kicking tee on hold the ball in order to keep the game flowing and told the oppos it would be the same for you guys. Never had a complaint, I don't see it as a big issue at my level though i'm sure there will be som Hurrumphs here!!
"Hurrumphs"? It is clearly wrong, so why do it? I don't think game flow is a serious issue. I would be more concerned about the holder potentially getting caught up in the subsequent play.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
"Hurrumphs"? It is clearly wrong, so why do it? I don't think game flow is a serious issue. I would be more concerned about the holder potentially getting caught up in the subsequent play.

What subsequent play after a conversion?