[Law] What's the decision

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
He is kicking for goal 52m away, if you are giving a scrum for in front of kicker, you HAVE to be blowing your whistle while the ball is in the air.

So none of the subsequent events ever happen

No, a metre in front at a 50m PK is not material if the goal is scored, so U might be thinking advantage, but U would not blow until it was material.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Again, if no-one in the To3 saw the chasers being in front of the kicker (as per this video), they are never going to be sanctioned for that infringement so we are back to what happened down near the goal posts.

While I agree with you Fat, the question in the OP asks "what's your decision?" Surely this means the OP is asking me to be the referee, and make a descision based on what I saw. In those circumstances, what the actual referee and his ARs saw or didn't see, or whatever decisions they made, is of no relevance..

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
No, a metre in front at a 50m PK is not material if the goal is scored, so U might be thinking advantage, but U would not blow until it was material.

...and as the chasers were pulling up when the ball was kicked the <1m was immaterial.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
See my #19.

And thanks, Dickie.

Fair enough. I re-read your post 19 and you make your point given that:

First White player plays the ball (not C & O to me)

and

probable try would be scored but for foul play. Possible for me but not probable.

So PT gets a nod too. So far we have play on (lineout), scrum, PK on the 5m and PT.

I did suspect that you were "floating" the PT just to see who'd bite. Apologies. Not meant to impune you.