YoYo test-Hints on running it

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Any hints on how to run the test itself? I'd assume run through the end line instead of dynamic turns but anything else on the technique of the test?

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
1) Work hard on the way out as you have to get there, slow down and turn on the beep (whereas on the way back you run through so you need a lower maximum speed on the return leg).
2) Having someone with a watch count down the 10 seconds so you are ready to go makes a MASSIVE difference if it's allowed.
3) Be fit.

Point 3 is most important...

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
1) Work hard on the way out as you have to get there, slow down and turn on the beep (whereas on the way back you run through so you need a lower maximum speed on the return leg).
2) Having someone with a watch count down the 10 seconds so you are ready to go makes a MASSIVE difference if it's allowed.
3) Be fit.

Point 3 is most important...

As to number 2, would you suggest wearing a watch?

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
Also have been looking and does anyone have a times chart for the Yo Yo, I can only seem to find a distance one, that does not include time?

Thank you
Cody

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ah Cody has just had the invite to the test email.

Tip 3 is all you need!

Edit

Cody to hit 16.2 - you will be going for 10 minutes

Last edited:

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
I've got two of them the one for London in Feb, and the RFL one that's on Tuesday.

Ah Cody has just had the invite to the test email.

Tip 3 is all you need!

Edit

Cody to hit 16.2 - you will be going for 10 minutes

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
As to number 2, would you suggest wearing a watch?

We always do it with HRM on, so have a watch on. However, you're soon in your own little world of pain so it's difficult to use it!

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Train hard, train hard, train hard

Run the test easy.

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
In Middlesbrough it will be easy as you aren't allowed a video recorder under each arm during the test.

1. I Live in North Yorkshire
2. We do our YoYos correctly, not like some of the ahem 'suprise' results from south yorkshire.

Constantine

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Practice doing the test. I know it sounds like something you don't need to practice, but it's actually quite useful to know what it feels like, how the beeps happen, and if you should try to turn on one foot or the other. Basically you can train to the test and get a better result - and doing it a lot will help your fitness.