Where are you this weekend? 2014/15

oldman

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think there are many on this forum who know all about flaccid!

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Cheeky wee trip down to Portsmouth on Wednesday evening to AR in the Inverdale Cup, hoping Phi E can throw some light on what this competition is and the standard.

Saturday I am away to the West coast to Irvine in a National 3 match, 4 hour round trip then its the Society dinner that evening so sharpish back to the Burgh' to get suited and booted.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Cheeky wee trip down to Portsmouth on Wednesday evening to AR in the Inverdale Cup, hoping Phi E can throw some light on what this competition is and the standard.

The Inverdale Challenge is a Command Level competition.
This years finalists are The Fleet Air Arm and the Royal Navy Western Region.
I think they might be playing it on the 3G pitch???
I would imagine it is about level 5 or 6; so maybe level 3 or 4 in Scotland?

http://www.navyrugbyunion.co.uk/news

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
On the cards. My (professional) opinion is a grade 2 tear. The worrying sign from yesterday when checked over pitch side was a complete absence of pain when it happened, just a shocking sensation of something running up my leg and bunching at the top just under my knee, and the lack of movement in my ankle. Further inspection and ice/compression/elevation at home shows intact Achilles' and active contraction in the lateral head. This morning the medial head is sagging and flaccid but there is active plantar flexion.

Ouch :wow: Bummer mate, been through that (not as bad) and it's a real bummer, just as you're getting to the business end of the season!

Surgery?

Last edited:

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Cleanly torn my calf today at an U16 game. Crutches, rehab and end of my season. Gutted!
Ouch, unlucky.
5882752936a422eab3.jpg

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
The Inverdale Challenge is a Command Level competition.
This years finalists are The Fleet Air Arm and the Royal Navy Western Region.
I think they might be playing it on the 3G pitch???
I would imagine it is about level 5 or 6; so maybe level 3 or 4 in Scotland?

http://www.navyrugbyunion.co.uk/news

Cheers for the heads up.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Cheers for the heads up.

It should be a cracking game, with a large crowd.......including most of the Navy Referees' department........so be on your best form :wink:

matty1194

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
It should be a cracking game, with a large crowd.......including most of the Navy Referees' department........so be on your best form :wink:

Hopefully it is of the standard you mention as earlier on in the season I was involved with a RAF Divisional final which was a poor game and not a great standard.

Jay Curts

Referees in Mexico
Post Likes
I'm going to be at Silao, Guanajuato, MEX. It's the last round on the girls Regional Championship.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Gloucester v Ospreys in the LV for me. Place your bets on how long it takes for the Shed to get in a "you don't know what you're doing"...

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Hopefully it is of the standard you mention as earlier on in the season I was involved with a RAF Divisional final which was a poor game and not a great standard.

Sadly it all depends on what players are available on the day, what players haven't been deployed to squadrons it ships.
In an ever decreasing armed forces, still expected to be a global force, it's getting harder than ever to get players time off for sport......as I am sure you are aware.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Gloucester v Ospreys in the LV for me. Place your bets on how long it takes for the Shed to get in a "you don't know what you're doing"...

Maybe they'll take pity on you because of your tender years. They're nice like that I understand

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Is it on TV you filthy Plantagenet?

Dave Sherwin

Referees in the Cayman Islands
Post Likes
Just got NACRA appointments through: 7 March - Guyana v Barbados; 18 April - Turks and Caicos Islands v Bahamas; 2 May - AR for British Virgin Islands v Curacao. Nice spread of destinations and a high quality match in Guyana v Barbados. Thank you World Rugby!

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

Their form = C.15 mins before KO.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Just got NACRA appointments through: 7 March - Guyana v Barbados; 18 April - Turks and Caicos Islands v Bahamas; 2 May - AR for British Virgin Islands v Curacao. Nice spread of destinations and a high quality match in Guyana v Barbados. Thank you World Rugby!

That's it, whilst the UK basks in near zero, rub it in .

Congrats.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

About the same as all the other grounds! :biggrin:

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Nice little local derby for me, L6 SW1W. Briggy v their neighbours of 2 miles away Pethy, crowd of 1000+ expected, can't bloody wait :pepper: